As I write to you my wife is stuck on the 138 highway with a broken down van and I am stuck at home with a vehicle with no muffler. There is no money for repairs. We have no money for food. No money for the changes necessary for the house to allow the Stevenson’s to move in, etc.
The immediate problem is no transportation. We are trying to make arrangements to get Kathy home. We need your prayers, desperately. We have no means to meet our own needs. The Lord continues to put us in this situation and he always comes through but this seems like a stronger need than usual. Please, if you have never prayed for someone before make an exception this time.
As a church we have just gone through a covenant renewal. God has blessed us in it. We are seeing great things in the church so I do not believe that this is any indication that God is displeased with the church. We are also seeing great things for the next school year and are anticipating greater things than we can imagine. However, God has provided us with a means to show that we trust him. Thankfully we are scheduled to take two weeks vacation starting Monday so we only need to be concerned with Bible Study tonight, Prayer Meeting and Sunday.
We are going to have to cancel Bible Study tonight. I am hoping that Pastor Patrick can take Prayer Meeting Friday and we will have to cry out to God for Sunday.
Please pray hard – that my wife will get home today
– that we as a congregation can face this testing without faltering
– that my wife and I will stand up under this testing
– that the Lord will provide for the vehicles
– that the Lord will provide for the house renovations so that the Stevensons can move in (and that Rachel will not fall through any more ceilings)
– that we will have so much food this summer that we can take in anyone that the Lord sends our way
– that there will be some period of time when my family can find rest this summer
Please…. Pray, pray, pray.
Your brother in Christ,